Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday Day, Chris Cozen Class

Day 2 with Chris Cozen at Stamping Details...

Today we worked with old photos.  So, last night, late after class, I had to dig through a box of old photos my mom had given me like 15 years ago.  All this time, it has been sealed shut with a bunch of tape and I have been dying to see what was in it...but I knew it would take some time to look through it all and it was on that 'when I have time to do list' which I never get to!  So, finally, I got to look inside!  And, WOW, so many amazing old, antique photos in here I could use in my art.  :-)  So glad this class forced me to break this box open.  I will need many more hours to sort through it.


There are hundreds of photos in this box.  Many photos of people that I have no idea who they are.  But, so many art project ideas were running through my head.  If only I could stop time so I could do them all.


I decide I would choose some photos of my Maternal Grandfather for my art class.  These photos are extra special because I never got a chance to meet him, as he passed when my mom was only 5.  Here are some of the ones I thought I might use.
My grandfather on his horse!
My grandfather and photos of his farm.
This one is my VERY favorite!  He is the one in the drivers seat.  Very confident and proud.
This one shows his name on a sign as owner of the farm. 'Hilmar Orchards'
He grew apples, pears, etc.
The factory. 
This is the original paperwork of him purchasing the land!
My grandfather, Hilmar Maximillian Von Papst

So, the class was awesome!  She even took us on a field trip to a copy machine store to help us make copies of all of our originals to size them properly.  

Here is what I created (with, of course, a little help from Chris)  :-)
Original artwork by Anne Corazza, ' Bite and Believe'.   Not bad for a first attempt, I guess.
Original artwork by Anne Corazza,  'Granddaddy on his farm'.  This one is not my favorite but plan to work on it some more.  I wanted to capture the original wording from his brochure and the land purchase, but it seems a bit choppy.  It needs some more work.
I plan to give these as surprise gifts to my mom and my aunt for their upcoming birthdays or Christmas.
They will, of course, be the only ones to truly appreciate them since they are photos of their daddy.

So, finally the day wrapped up with me taking some more photos....
Anne and Clare, July 21, 2012 at Stamping Details.
This is Clare, my soul sister!  I feel a very special bond with this beautiful lady.  I met her here at Stamping Details.  She works here and I only get to see her when I come to the store.  Which has not been that often as of late.  It was soooooooooooo great to see her again.  I love her so much!  The most generous, loving and gentle of souls! xoxo  
Chris Cozen and I, July 21, 2012.  An amazing artist, teacher and mentor in deed!

AND...as if the day was not already complete...as I am packing up to go home....Chris surprised me by very generously giving me one of her original art pieces from the night before. WOW!
Original artwork by Chris Cozen
Yep, all mine now!  And I made her sign it!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment