Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday Night, Chris Cozen Class

Just got home from Chris Cozen's Class at Stamping Details.  It was awesome!  It was so great to see her again.  It has been 3 years since I met her and taken her class.  She, of course, did not remember me until I showed her some photos...but for me...of course I did not forget....for she is like a movie star to me.  :-)

She looked fabulous!  She does not age!
Chris Cozen, Stamping Details, July 20, 2012

Here are her samples of what we were to make tonight...
Original artwork by Chris Cozen

Original artwork by Chris Cozen


Original artwork by Chris Cozen


Basically, she said to start with painting a random background of color in long lines.  

Then, add a base at the bottom of the canvas for your flowers as well as some random collage through out the painting with various colored papers.

Then, create your flowers out of the random colored papers placed on the canvas.

Then, wash and blend the background to let the flowers pop.

Finally, doodle with permanent black & white markers to add the finishing touches.






Here are two of mine that are half way completed...

Unfinished, Piece #1 by Anne Corazza
Unfinished, Piece #2 by Anne Corazza
 
And here is one I completed...
Original artwork by Anne Corazza

No comments:

Post a Comment