Thursday, July 19, 2012

So excited, Chris Cozen this weekend!

Today is a day of reflection.....in preparation for an art class I signed up for this coming weekend with Chris Cozen.

I took my FIRST ever acrylic class with Chris Cozen on August 1, 2009 at Stamping Details in Poway, CA.  It was my first time ever using acrylic paints.  Chris was my very first art teacher/class outside the world of rubber stamps.  I consider her my very first gateway 'drug' :-) artist that transitioned me to mixed media art.

Chris Cozen and I on August 1, 2009

We used clear vinyl material to paint on and did reverse background techniques on the back side.

I even bought her book 'Altered Surfaces' that weekend and got it signed!



I REALLY enjoyed the class and it made me realize that I need to start expanding my horizons as far as art goes.  She was such an inspiration and great teacher.

So, I went to Michaels and bought about 80 different colors of acrylic paint in those mini little bottles at $.33 each.  Yes, 80...had to have EVERY color.  After all, they were so inexpensive!  LOL!  I figured I would play with these and then buy some more expensive acrylic paints like Golden that Chris uses when I was sure I was going to use them and wanted to invest the money.



I nicely labeled and organized them all in this container.  And I bought some inexpensive paint brushes.  I was ready to go....

But, then medical challenges continued to get in the way...and the paints just sat there in their pretty little container...screaming to be used....here it is three years later...good grief!  But, I am happy to report I did at least finally start using my paints in January of this year.  Thanks to my recommitment to art play time and finding the free online class with Traci Bautista that started Jan 1, 2012.

Anyhow, so finally, this weekend.  I am taking another class with Chris Cozen and I am really excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment