Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Meet my new art friend KAT


So, let me tell you a little bit about my new friend, Kat Baker. I met Kat on 11/12/11 at Gee Gee's Stamp Store at a class we were taking together. I am happy that we exchanged emails and have kept in contact.

In November, when we met, she told me about an event that happens the first weekend in December each year. An art retreat of sorts on the beach in Oceanside. I REALLY, REALLY wanted to go, but could not afford it with all my medical expenses and roommate just moving out. But, I REALLY hope I can go this year. If anyone is taking a trip to San Diego, likes charity events and loves to be around a room full of creative women. Maybe you could join us? Here is the link to the event. It is called Charity Wings Seaside Soiree. It will be in December 2012.

Kat is a part of 'The Doodle Girls' Group I started. She is a very warm and bright spirit
and I just enjoy being around her and laughing together. Not to mention she is an amazing artist and I feel I have learned a lot from her.

So I wanted to show off some photos of her art journal that she brought to our group last week. I LOVE these pages. And this is just her messing around and trying out new techniques in a journal. Very cool!






2 comments: