Friday, November 16, 2012

Marah Johnson Workshop!!

Tonight I drove up to Oceanside which took over 2 hours due to Friday night traffic.  It only took me 40 minutes to get home.  LOL!  Sherry Poore graciously offered to open up her home (a HUGE art studio in her garage) for a Marah Johnson Workshop.  I have heard many great things about Marah's workshops and her artwork.  I was excited to finally meet her.


Here is a photo of the project she showed us how to make.  We each got to choose our own word.
Original artwork by Marah Johnson

So, of course, I had to choose a word with THREE  'E' s in it!  So, I had to buy an extra box of letters because each box has only two of each vowel in it!  LOL...


Here is my project...

Step one, cover the outside frame of the letters with scrap text or music sheet paper.  Step two, paint this newly glued scrap paper with various lumier paints.  Step three, add scrapbook paper to the back. (It did not matter what color because it is covered up...so we all used ugly red plaid)



Here is a close up of one of the letters...


Step 4.  Then, you cover all your letters with glitter and/or paint.  I chose bright blue glitter!





We ran out of time, so I will need to add more embellishments and finish it up at home.  It was a GREAT class with some very nice ladies.  Thank you Sherry and Marah!

No comments:

Post a Comment