Wednesday, April 4, 2012

For the Birds - Strictly ATC Group

Tonight was my second month at the Strictly ATC (Artist Trading Card) Group at Stamping Details.



Our theme for this month's ATC trade was 'For the Birds'. To the left is my tropical toucan.









Arlene made this very cute water-color bird and bird house.



















This one was made by Helene. I love the string with the egg that is wearing a hat to capture her bird's attention.






















Joyce created this masterpiece titled 'cages are for the birds'.






















And finally this fabulous one was made by Maura.

















Then, Helene showed us a new technique. Color and Scratch. It involves using crayons or oil pastels to color a large patch of color. Then, you paint/cover over it with a mixture of a 1/4 cup of black tempura paint and 2 teaspoons of liquid dish soap. Once dry, you can scrape off the black to create art. The top three here are the ones I created.











And here are some MORE by the other ladies.




























Meet Arlene


















Meet Joyce


















Meet Maura
















Maura's finished art








Meet Helene. Our fabulous technique teacher tonight. We all really enjoyed this technique a lot! It is very meditative and addictive. Works great with Zentangle techniques. Big thank you to Helene for a great evening.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Anne your tropical toucan is cool as heck! I have never seen one with a Hawaiina style beak! Neat!

    BTW, I posted a pic of your art from our swap on my facebook page: http://on.fb.me/I4AkaT

    ReplyDelete