Friday, March 16, 2012

The Doodle Girls Reuntie!

Our doodle class with Traci Bautista is over, but us 'doodle girls' decided to still get together occasionally to work on various projects. It was really nice to get together again with these ladies. I love our play dates! :->

Kat worked on a revolving canvas that she is doing with another club she is a member of. Each month they get a new canvas that they have to add something to. Kat added the wonderfully bright stenciled flowers and hummingbird in the upper section...love it!!


Cynthia started working on backgrounds for a new art journal. She was not too happy with some of them...but I think they are all great!!! Don't you?


And I worked on trying to do something with my book club kit I received in February. Here is a recall of what I got in my kit....canvas, flowers, perfect pearls and brush, sparkly sequin and stars...

By looking at the ivy ribbon, flowers and the sparkling sequins, I somehow saw a mermaid theme. I started by creating an underwater background on the canvas provided.

Then, I added a mermaid and some of the ivy provided in the kit.

Then, I added the sparkling sequin to make her tail. And finally, I added more details to complete the project using all the various items in the kit such as more ivy, flowers, butterfly, sequin stars, etc.


There are a few items out of the kit that I did not use. The garment holder, cool acrylic tag and red flower. I hope to make a separate project with those items. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment