Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Art Studio Part 1

So...along with all my medical I have had going on, my roommate moving out...I also found out that I have a pretty bad flood in my house. The rain was leaking right in at ground level into my home. When my socks got soaking wet...inside my house...I knew I had a problem.

And yes, of all places, IT WAS IN MY ART STORAGE CLOSET! Hence, why I am writing about it in my art blog.

Anyhow, the BAD NEWS is this... it has apparently been going on for some time now because there was some pretty severe mold going on. It took weeks and weeks to tear it all out and repair the inside and outside. Not the best of things with my current health issues. Thank God for several of my friends who came and helped so much! Thank you Craig, Tom and Bubba.

I had to take EVERYTHING out of the closet. We are talking a TON of stuff. (I really wish I had taken pictures of the closet empty with all my stuff all over the place.)

But, the GOOD NEWS is this... it forced me to clean out and organize! And the best part is I was actually able to make more room in there for even more stuff! LOL!

Here are some pictures of it all cleaned up! I love it this way so much better!!!! I wish I had pictures of the desks before the flood happened. There were piles and piles of stuff on them. I had all these little containers of various art supplies and then stacks of unfinished projects, etc. Anyhow, so when I cleaned out my closet from the flood, I decided to clean off the tables to give me more room and a clean working space to hopefully inspire me to do my art work here more often. I can only show you the after cleaned off photo. But, doesn't it look great!?!!

The only thing is I still wish I could hide all these art supplies that are under the desk.



These cupboards are great...hidden storage!

Now I will take you into the secret closet....



yes...just a few more supplies...





No comments:

Post a Comment